Eclectic temples and imposing forts. Pristine wildlife refuges and lively metropolises. Pink cities and golden triangles. Fairytale monuments and tantalizing cuisine. There’s no better introduction to India than this incredible Independence by Globus journey. In the capital city of Delhi, enjoy a rickshaw ride through the famed Chandni Chowk bazaar—a market that’s been around for more than three centuries. Spend time here shopping for exotic spices, gold, fabrics, and a host of trinkets and souvenirs. You’ll also visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh house of worship in Delhi; and explores the lavish, 16th-century garden-tomb of Mughal Emperor Humayun (a precursor to the Taj Mahal).
Southeast in Agra, be sure your cameras fully charged for your private guided sightseeing tour that begins with a truly unforgettable sunrise visit to the incomparable Taj Mahal. Then, visit the ancient red sandstone Agra Fort, which guarded the imperial city of the Moghul rulers. In the “Pink City” of Jaipur, your private sightseeing takes you to the amazing Amber Fort with the glittering walls and ceilings in the Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace), the City Palace, and the fascinating bigger-than-life Jantar Mantar astronomical observatories. Enjoy the I-time you crave with free time and optional excursions to experience this fascinating destination in your own way.
Starting at $1859 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). IAI1
Welcome to India! Your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
• Your private guided sightseeing tour starts with an orientation drive to see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, India Gate, and the Presidential Palace.
• Afterward, take a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk, a captivating local bazaar. Here, ancient alleyways are lined with quaint shops selling all sorts of goods and souvenirs—from silver and saris to spices and electronics.
• This morning, explore Delhi on a private guided tour. Start at Qutub Minar, the world’s tallest brick minaret.
• Next, visit Humayun’s Tomb and Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Delhi’s largest and most prominent Sikh gurudwara (house of worship).
• After lunch, drive to Agra, where much of the city’s impressive past is still evident in the majesty of her buildings.
• Meet your Local Guide for a special visit to the incomparable Taj Mahal at sunrise. This extravagant marble monument was built by Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his beloved wife, who died during childbirth.
• In the afternoon, a private guided tour brings you to Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built by Moghul Emperor Akbar, this impressive fortress of red sandstone conceals the imperial city of the Moghul rulers and its many palaces.
• Today, drive to Jaipur, often referred to as the “Pink City.”
• After lunch, visit Jantar Mantar and explore the City Palace Museum with its collection of paintings, carpets, weapons, and costumes.
• Lastly, visit Ladli, a training program teaching orphaned and destitute children valuable skills to keep them off the streets. Here learn about the project, interact with the children, and help them practice their English skills.
• Visit the legendary Amber Fort, known as the “Sleeping Beauty of Rajasthan.” This fortress-palace was built entirely of white marble and red sandstone, and features intricate mosaics, carvings, paintings, and mirror works.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.