Livin’ la Pura Vida! This philosophy of the pure life in Costa Rica is also a common greeting you’ll hear on your Independence by Globus tour. From the mind-blowing lava trails and soul-soothing thermal springs of the Arenal Volcano region to the lush tropical forests in the clouds of Monteverde, you’ll encounter pure nature of Costa Rica’s rich and resplendent flora and fauna found nowhere else on earth. Put your head in the clouds in the Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to over 3,000 plant species, some 120 mammal species, 400 bird species, and 1,200 species of amphibians and reptiles. Add a dose of I-time to immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and cuisine in San José, and you’re living your best life, indeed!
Starting at $1329 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ILA1
Welcome to Costa Rica! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.
• Today, transfer to the lush town of Arenal, located in the shadow of Arenal Volcano. Settle in and experience the magic of your resort.
• This afternoon, visit the famous hot springs the area is known for and take a dip in the natural springs and pools of mineral waters surrounded by lush, tropical forest. Enjoy dinner at the hot springs.
Today is at your leisure to explore on your own or perhaps take an optional excursion.
• This morning, your transfer begins with a short boat ride across Arenal Lake to admire different species of birds that visit and call the area home. Continue through incredible mountain scenery and the Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to over 3,000 plant species, approximately 120 mammal species, 400 bird species, and 1,200 species of amphibians and reptiles.
• This evening, venture into Monteverde’s Cloud Forest just before nightfall with an expert Naturalist for a guided nature walk to search for the jungle’s nocturnal creatures, like sloths, foxes, agoutis, frogs, and many more!
Enjoy a day to do as you please today with options to choose from if you like.
Return to San Jose for your final night in Costa Rica.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.