Buenos Aires is bursting at the seams with bold buildings, European energy, and bustling boulevards on this Independence by Globus South American tour. Walk down the world’s widest avenue where the Colon Theater and Plaza de Mayo burst onto the scene. From the exciting enclave of La Boca to the old district of San Telmo, you can shop ‘til you drop and dine on the deliciousness of dozens of local cafes. Linger in the legendary Recoleta Cemetery where Argentina’s legendary First Lady Evita Perón rests in peace, and then join the land of the living with a lively Tango show. Spend some well-deserved I-time on the Tigre River or taking a turn at making your own empanadas. Horse around with gauchos on an Argentinian estancia where ranch life is alive and kicking. Bust out of the ordinary with a Buenos Aires adventure for the ages!
Starting at $1409 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ILB3
• Arrive in Buenos Aires, the “Paris of South America.” This cosmopolitan city is constantly aglow with European-influenced culture, vibrant sounds and sights, and a distinctly Latin vibe.
• After breakfast, your private tour takes you along the widest avenue in the world to see the Teatro Colón Opera House, the pride of Buenos Aires. You’ll also visit the Avenida de Mayo and Plaza de Mayo, surrounded by La Casa Rosada (the President’s Pink House), and the Cabildo, which was the first City Hall. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral, which houses San Martin’s Mausoleum. Continue to the oldest district in Buenos Aires, San Telmo, then stop by vibrant La Boca and Palermo. Finish your city tour with a visit to Recoleta Cemetery, burial site of Eva Perón and a highlight of the city.
• This evening, you may opt to enjoy dinner and a traditional Tango show—Argentina’s famed passionate dance.
• Today is free to explore this extraordinary city. Consider an optional excursion to visit a traditional estancia (ranch) to experience the lifestyle of the gauchos, or cruise down the Tigre River surrounded by beautiful landscapes and impressive homes.
• Transfer to the airport for your flight to Rio de Janeiro!
• Upon arrival, you will be met by your Local Guide who will transfer you to your hotel and provide pointers for your free time exploration.
• Today, your private tour takes you to the Cosme Velho district, where you board a cog-wheel train that will take you through the lush tropical vegetation of Tijuca Forest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. This rounded peak rising 2,300 feet from the bay is one of the New7Wonders of the World and home to the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. Enjoy a breathtaking 360-degree panorama, which affords sweeping views of the city and beaches below.
• The afternoon and evening are at leisure.
Enjoy a full day at leisure. Your Local Host will suggest some options for your free time.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.