When my baby smiles at me, I go to Rio! You’ll be smiling from ear to ear on this Independence by Globus vacation in Brazil and Argentina with plenty of much needed I-time in Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires. And while it takes two to Tango, it only takes you to choreograph the perfect day on an Independence by Globus vacation in South America. From Brazilian barbecue to bathing beauties on the beaches of Rio, to the heights of Christ the Redeemer, and the roaring thunder of Iguassu Falls, Independence by Globus gives you the freedom to design your days and fill your nights with Latin flair. Your Local Guide is on hand with included sightseeing, while helping you make the most of your free time with optional excursions to spice things up with your own personal taste. With intriguing, inspiring, and incomparable adventures, feel free to follow your independent spirit on a vacation that’s all about you!
Starting at $1989 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ISI1
Welcome to South America’s capital of glamour—Rio de Janeiro, where your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
• Today, your private tour takes you to the Cosme Velho district, where you board a cog-wheel train that will take you through the lush tropical vegetation of Tijuca Forest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. This rounded peak rising 2,300 feet from the bay is one of the New7Wonders of the World and home to the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. Enjoy a breathtaking 360-degree panorama, which affords sweeping views of the city and beaches below.
• The afternoon and evening are at leisure.
Enjoy a full day at leisure. Your Local Host will suggest some options for your free time.
• Fly to Iguassu Falls. This masterpiece of nature encompasses 275 separate falls and spans almost two miles.
• Upon arrival, you will be met by your Local Guide who will take you on a private tour dedicated to enjoying the spectacle of this 2-mile-wide torrent from the Brazilian side. See the mammoth series of waterfalls cascading over a precipice almost two miles wide and 250 feet deep. Walk into Devil’s Throat Canyon, where the clouds of mist, thunderous roar, and 180-degree rainbows surround you—an unforgettable experience!
• Your Local Guide will take you on a private tour of the Argentine side of the Iguassu Falls. Begin with a short ride on the open-air Ecological Jungle Train through the rainforest.
• From atop the falls, a series of boardwalks takes you above the falls to see the water crashing down more than 300 feet below into the Devil’s Throat.
• Fly to Buenos Aires, proud capital of the vast country that occupies most of the southern part of the continent.
• After arriving at your central hotel, you will have time to become acquainted with the “Paris of South America” and its wide boulevards and outdoor cafés.
• After breakfast, your private tour takes you along the widest avenue in the world to see the Teatro Colón Opera House, the pride of Buenos Aires. You’ll also visit the Avenida de Mayo and Plaza de Mayo, surrounded by La Casa Rosada (the President’s Pink House), and the Cabildo, which was the first City Hall. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral, which houses San Martin’s Mausoleum. Continue to the oldest district in Buenos Aires, San Telmo, then stop by vibrant La Boca and Palermo. Finish your city tour with a visit to Recoleta Cemetery, burial site of Eva Perón and a highlight of the city.
• This evening, you may opt to enjoy dinner and a traditional Tango show—Argentina’s famed passionate dance.
• Today is free to explore this extraordinary city. Consider an optional excursion to visit a traditional estancia (ranch) to experience the lifestyle of the gauchos, or cruise down the Tigre River surrounded by beautiful landscapes and impressive homes.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.