As a famous poet once wrote, “the world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.” We’ve found this to be truer than ever on this Independence by Globus Tanzania safari adventure. Discover a kingdom of magical menageries that rule the endless plains of the Serengeti, the caldera of Ngorongoro, and the wildest places of Africa in the company of the king of the beasts, elephant queens, legions of thundering wildebeest, and the jesting antics of baboons. Get the royal treatment with plenty of I-time to experience local cultures, luxurious accommodations, and game drives in a private safari vehicle with an expert Driver/Guide in the most spectacular parks and reserves of Tanzania. Explore the expanses and estuaries where the big cats’ rule, gazelles graze, and leopards lurk, along with the “Big 5” (lion, leopard, Cape buffalo, elephant, and rhino) to inspire your independent spirit!
Starting at $6699 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). IQT1
Welcome to Africa! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.
• Drive south to Tarangire National Park this morning.
• After lunch, embark on your first game drive in search of the “Big 5”—lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo.
• Enjoy panoramic views of baobab and acacia trees on morning and afternoon game drives. Search for the elephant, eland, zebra, and Cape buffalo that congregate around the waterholes.
• Say goodbye to Tarangire on a final morning game drive.
• Drive to your lodge in the Lake Manyara area in time for lunch. Afterwards, enjoy time at leisure.
• Lake Manyara National Park is a small, ecologically diverse park with groundwater forests, grassy plains, and alkaline Lake Manyara itself. The park is also home to the world’s largest concentration of baboon. Watch for these mischievous primates, giraffe, hippo, and more on your morning game drive.
• Drive to your lodge on the slopes of Ngorongoro Crater.
• Today, enjoy a full-day game drive in Ngorongoro Crater. The crater is technically the world’s largest unflooded caldera—at more than 2,000 feet deep with a floor covering over 102 square miles. Game viewing here is fantastic, as most of the animals stay in this area year round. You can see lion, elephant, flamingo, and a variety of other animals. This is also your best chance to see the rare black rhinoceros. A picnic lunch will be served in the crater.
• Today, drive to Serengeti National Park, Tanzania’s largest and most famous park. Home to the annual Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra, it attracts visitors from around the world and is great for game viewing year round.
• Enjoy lunch prior to your afternoon game drive.
• The Serengeti covers an area of roughly 5,700 square miles, so it is no surprise that the name comes from the Maasai word siringit, meaning “endless plains.”
• Join your expert Driver/Guide for morning and afternoon game drives to further explore this vast park. Search for leopard, rhino, and an abundance of other animals, including cheetah, giraffe, gazelle, and eland.
• Your final magical day exploring this wildlife lovers dream destination on morning and afternoon game drives. Set out in search of some of your favorites or, with some luck, spot animals that have eluded you!