When my baby smiles at me, I go to Rio! You’ll be smiling from ear to ear on this Independence by Globus tour of Brazil and Argentina with plenty of much needed I-time in Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires. And while it takes two to Tango, it only takes you to choreograph the perfect day on an Independence by Globus vacation in South America. Rio sizzles with Brazilian barbecue, beaches, and bustling nightlife, bringing you a little closer to heaven atop Corcovado Mountain where the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue stands watch. With the freedom to design your days and fill your nights with Latin flair that ignites your independent spirit, you’ll be swaying to the samba in no time! More fun awaits in Buenos Aires, bursting at the seams with bold buildings, European energy, and bustling boulevards.
Walk down the world’s widest avenue where the Colon Theater and Plaza de Mayo burst onto the scene. From the exciting enclave of La Boca to the old district of San Telmo, you can shop ‘til you drop and dine on the deliciousness of dozens of local cafes. Linger in the legendary Recoleta Cemetery where Argentina’s famous First Lady Evita Perón rests in peace, and then join the land of the living with a lively Tango show. Spend some well-deserved I-time on the Tigre River or take a turn at making your own empanadas. Horse around with gauchos on an Argentinian estancia where ranch life is alive and kicking. Bust out of the ordinary with a Brazil and Argentina vacation for the ages!
Starting at $1469 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ILR3
Welcome to South America’s capital of glamour—Rio de Janeiro, where your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
• Today, your private tour takes you to the Cosme Velho district, where you board a cog-wheel train that will take you through the lush tropical vegetation of Tijuca Forest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. This rounded peak rising 2,300 feet from the bay is one of the New7Wonders of the World and home to the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. Enjoy a breathtaking 360-degree panorama, which affords sweeping views of the city and beaches below.
• The afternoon and evening are at leisure.
Enjoy a full day at leisure. Your Local Host will suggest some options for your free time.
Fly to Buenos Aires, meet your local guide, and transfer to your hotel.
• After breakfast, your private tour takes you along the widest avenue in the world to see the Teatro Colón Opera House, the pride of Buenos Aires. You’ll also visit the Avenida de Mayo and Plaza de Mayo, surrounded by La Casa Rosada (the President’s Pink House), and the Cabildo, which was the first City Hall. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral, which houses San Martin’s Mausoleum. Continue to the oldest district in Buenos Aires, San Telmo, then stop by vibrant hues of La Boca and Palermo. Finish your city tour with a visit to Recoleta Cemetery, burial site of Eva Perón and a highlight of the city.
• This evening, you may opt to enjoy dinner and a traditional Tango show—Argentina’s famed passionate dance.
• Today is free to explore. Consider an optional excursion to visit a traditional estancia (ranch) to experience the lifestyle of the gauchos, or cruise down the Tigre River surrounded by beautiful landscapes and impressive homes.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.