Starting at $2499 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ILR4
• After arriving at your hotel, meet up for private city sightseeing to view vestiges of Manaus’ glory days during the rubber boom. Your first stop will be the famous opera house, built in 1896 with materials imported from Europe. Next, visit a bustling local market filled with regional foods and wares.
• Today, your “Meeting of the Waters” cruise passes by the impressive British-built Customs House and the floating port. Cruise along the chocolate-hued Rio Negro to its confluence with the yellow-gray Rio Solimões, where the two rivers form the mighty Amazon. For four miles, the differently shaded bodies of water flow side by side and never mix!
• After lunch on the river, explore a jungle island (water level permitting) with fascinating native flora and fauna.
• Later this afternoon, arrive at the Ecopark Jungle Lodge, situated on the banks of the Rio Negro inside the Amazon rainforest.
• Accompanied by a Naturalist, enjoy a guided jungle walk that introduces you to the flora and fauna that thrive in the Amazon.
• After lunch, depart the lodge and sail up the river to visit a Caboclo’s native Amazon village to learn about their traditions, costumes, and culture. Also, try your hand at piranha fishing!
• Later, visit the Monkey Jungle Reserve, where researchers work to rehabilitate captive primates and reintroduce them to the jungle. Here, you have the opportunity to see the feeding of spider, squirrel, woolly, and capuchin monkeys.
• This evening, maybe venture back out with your Naturalist via canoe into the flooded forest to appreciate the sounds of the jungle at night. Keep watch for small alligators (and other night creatures)!
• This morning, depart your Amazon lodge for a flight to fabulous Rio.
• Welcome to South America’s capital of glamour—Rio de Janeiro, where your Local Guide will be available with suggested activities during your free time.
• Today, your private tour takes you to the Cosme Velho district, where you board a cog-wheel train that will take you through the lush tropical vegetation of Tijuca Forest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. This rounded peak rising 2,300 feet from the bay is one of the New7Wonders of the World and home to the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. Enjoy a breathtaking 360-degree panorama, which affords sweeping views of the city and beaches below.
• The afternoon and evening are at leisure.
• Tonight, you may opt to join an outing to a fun churrascaria for a feast of barbecued meats that are marinated and roasted over charcoal in true Brazilian style.
Enjoy a full day at leisure. Your Local Host will suggest some options for your free time.
Fly to Buenos Aires, meet your local guide, and transfer to your hotel.
• After breakfast, your private tour takes you along the widest avenue in the world to see the Teatro Colón Opera House, the pride of Buenos Aires. You’ll also visit the Avenida de Mayo and Plaza de Mayo, surrounded by La Casa Rosada (the President’s Pink House), and the Cabildo, which was the first City Hall. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral, which houses San Martin’s Mausoleum. Continue to the oldest district in Buenos Aires, San Telmo, then stop by vibrant hues of La Boca and Palermo. Finish your city tour with a visit to Recoleta Cemetery, burial site of Eva Perón and a highlight of the city.
• This evening, you may opt to enjoy dinner and a traditional Tango show—Argentina’s famed passionate dance.
Today is free to explore. Consider an optional excursion to visit a traditional estancia (ranch) to experience the lifestyle of the gauchos, or cruise down the Tigre River surrounded by beautiful landscapes and impressive homes.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning..