It may take two to Tango, but it only takes you to choreograph the perfect day on an Independence by Globus vacation in South America. See how Rio sizzles with Brazilian barbecue, beaches, and bustling nightlife, bringing you a little closer to heaven atop Corcovado Mountain where the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue stands watch. With the freedom to design your days and fill your nights with Latin flair that ignites your independent spirit, you’ll be swaying to the samba in no time! And, do go chasing waterfalls in Iguassu National Park, where thunderous cascades plummet 300 feet into Devil’s Throat Canyon. On to Buenos Aires, bursting at the seams with bold buildings, European energy, and bustling boulevards on this Independence by Globus South American tour.
Walk down the world’s widest avenue where the Colon Theater and Plaza de Mayo burst onto the scene. From the exciting enclave of La Boca to the old district of San Telmo, you can shop ‘til you drop and dine on the deliciousness of dozens of local cafes. Linger in the legendary Recoleta Cemetery where Argentina’s legendary First Lady Evita Perón rests in peace, and then join the land of the living with a lively Tango show. Spend some well-deserved I-time on the Tigre River or horse around with gauchos on an Argentinian estancia where ranch life is alive and kicking. On to Santiago, brimming with art galleries, irresistible eateries, and electrifying nightlife, not to mention your perfectly poised setting between the snow-capped Andes and the Chilean coastline. Walk through the historic streets to trace the city’s bold history and legendary landmarks in the heart of its colonial core. Enjoy free time to explore the legendary Chilean wine country, or the captivating coastal cities of Viña del Mar and Valparaiso.
Starting at $2699 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ISR1
Welcome to South America’s capital of glamour—Rio de Janeiro, where your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
• Today, your private tour takes you to the Cosme Velho district, where you board a cog-wheel train that will take you through the lush tropical vegetation of Tijuca Forest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. This rounded peak rising 2,300 feet from the bay is one of the New7Wonders of the World and home to the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer. Enjoy a breathtaking 360-degree panorama, which affords sweeping views of the city and beaches below.
• The afternoon and evening are at leisure.
Enjoy a full day at leisure. Your Local Host will suggest some options for your free time.
• Fly to Iguassu Falls. This masterpiece of nature encompasses 275 separate falls and spans almost two miles.
• Upon arrival, you will be met by your Local Guide who will take you on a private tour dedicated to enjoying the spectacle of this 2-mile-wide torrent from the Brazilian side. See the mammoth series of waterfalls cascading over a precipice almost two miles wide and 250 feet deep. Walk into Devil’s Throat Canyon, where the clouds of mist, thunderous roar, and 180-degree rainbows surround you—an unforgettable experience!
• Your Local Guide will take you on a private tour of the Argentine side of the Iguassu Falls. Begin with a short ride on the open-air Ecological Jungle Train through the rainforest.
• From atop the falls, a series of boardwalks takes you above the falls to see the water crashing down more than 300 feet below into the Devil’s Throat.
• Fly to Buenos Aires, proud capital of the vast country that occupies most of the southern part of the continent.
• After arriving at your central hotel, you will have time to become acquainted with the “Paris of South America” and its wide boulevards and outdoor cafés.
• After breakfast, your private tour takes you along the widest avenue in the world to see the Teatro Colón Opera House, the pride of Buenos Aires. You’ll also visit the Avenida de Mayo and Plaza de Mayo, surrounded by La Casa Rosada (the President’s Pink House), and the Cabildo, which was the first City Hall. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral, which houses San Martin’s Mausoleum. Continue to the oldest district in Buenos Aires, San Telmo, then stop by vibrant La Boca and Palermo. Finish your city tour with a visit to Recoleta Cemetery, burial site of Eva Perón and a highlight of the city.
• This evening, you may opt to enjoy dinner and a traditional Tango show—Argentina’s famed passionate dance.
• Today is free to explore this extraordinary city. Consider an optional excursion to visit a traditional estancia (ranch) to experience the lifestyle of the gauchos, or cruise down the Tigre River surrounded by beautiful landscapes and impressive homes.
• Depart this morning on a scenic flight over the Andes before arriving in Santiago, Chile’s capital. This country is more than 10 times longer than it is wide, with 2,650 miles of beautiful Pacific coastline.
• Upon arrival, meet your local guide who will take you to your hotel.
• Located in the center of the country, Santiago has evolved as the country’s political, commercial, and cultural capital. Step back into the 16th century on your private tour, as your Local Guide traces the city’s history and heritage.
• Start at La Moneda, the official Government Palace, and nearby San Cristobal Hill with its landmark statue of the Virgin Mary. Your tour ends at the Plaza de Armas, the main square, with a visit to the 18th-century Cathedral.
Today is at leisure to explore Santiago as you please.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.