Sunset Key Cottages – Sunset Key, Florida
Escape to a secluded 27-acre island just off Key West and discover an enchanting tropical retreat designed for the discerning traveler. Sunset Key Guest Cottages captures the charm and tranquility of an island retreat with 40 cottages that evoke traditional Key West architecture and new fashioned luxury along with a spacious white sand beach, pampering spa treatments, and fine waterfront dining at the AAA Four Diamond Latitudes Restaurant. Awaken each morning to gently swaying palm trees and the turquoise waters of the Atlantic along with a complimentary breakfast basket, delivered daily to your cottage. From our zero-entry swimming pool and tennis courts to stellar concierge services, Sunset Key Cottages is a destination beyond compare.
Located on Sunset Key, guests are transported to and from the island aboard a 24-hour launch service which docks at our sister resort, Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina. As our island is only 500 yards from Key West, you’ll find it easy to experience the festive atmosphere of Duval Street at your leisure, or simply enjoy the quiet beauty that surrounds our private Florida Keys resort.
AMENITIES TO HELP YOU RELAX & REJUVENATE
- Located on a secluded 27-acre off Key West
- 24-hour boat transportation to and from Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
- Spacious white sand beach
- 40 oceanfront, oceanview or gardenview cottages
- Breakfast basket delivered daily to your cottage
- Grocery shopping services to pre-stock your cottage with your favorite sundries
- Zero-entry tropical swimming pool and two whirlpools
- Beach and poolside concierge services
- AAA Four Diamond Latitudes Restaurant
- The Spa at Sunset Key – our luxurious onsite spa
- Two tennis courts
- CD, DVD/VHS, board games, and literary library
- Access to 16,000 square feet of event space at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
- Romantic beach poolside weddings
- Private docks for boats up to 250 feet at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
The Concierge is available for information and assistance with reservations and bookings for water sports, tours, nearby museums, and more. If you are interested in deep-sea and backcountry fishing or kayak tours and sunset sailing, we would be pleased to help you find the right equipment or guide. Email the concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests at Sunset Key Cottages are first greeted at the resort’s mainland porte-cochère at the Opal Key Resort & Marina and whisked away via our exclusive island ferry for a short seven-minute cruise to Sunset Key Island. Guests are then welcomed by an Island Ambassador who will escort them to the main building for check-in and then proceed with a tour of the resort on the way to their cottage.
If you are arriving by car, valet services and self-parking are available at the Opal Key Resort and Marina parking garage.
If you are flying into the Key West International Airport, taxi cabs are readily available; The Florida Keys Group Transportation offers 24- hour van services for large groups as well as sedan services for small groups. Our concierge can also arrange limousine transportation from the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami airport.
If you are arriving by boat, guests may dock at the Opal Key Resort & Marina, which features a 37-slip marina that can accommodate motor yachts from 25-200 feet long. Electric and water hookups are available at each slip.
The complimentary ferry launch transports guests between Sunset Key and Key West. The ferry departs twice hourly from Sunset Key on the hour and half hour until 12am. The ferry departs from Opal Key to the Sunset Key dock on the 15 and 45 of every hour until 2:30am. Guests are provided a transportation schedule at check in.