Explore South Africa from A to Zebra on this incredible Independence by Globus Africa adventure. A variety of experiences await including moving history in Johannesburg, magnificent landscapes in Cape Town, and a menagerie of wild creatures on safari in a private game reserve. In Cape Town, spectacular views from the Cape of Good Hope are the order of the day, delivering astonishing panoramas, peninsulas, and African penguins playing in the surf of Boulders Beach.
Take some I-time for wine tasting or whale watching off the Cape. Things get even wilder on safari where you‘ll search for the “Big 5” (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo) and a host of wondrous wildlife, including rhino, giraffe, hippo, cheetah, and hyena – just to name a few. Get civilized on safari with traditional sundowner drinks in the bush and luxurious safari accommodations waiting at day’s end.
Starting at $4360 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). IQS1
Welcome to South Africa! Your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
- • Start your private guided sightseeing with a cable-car ride up Table Mountain for stunning views over the “Mother City.”
• Nature calls during a your visit to Boulders Beach where a colony of endangered African Penguins greet you with their unique sound.
• At Cape Point Nature Reserve you’ll stop at the Cape of Good Hope for photos and then on to Cape Point, for a funicular ride to the steps of the old lighthouse. On your return journey, skirt the rocky coastline as you ascend Chapman’s Peak Drive, one of the most spectacular drives in the world.
Enjoy a full day at your leisure.
• Fly to the Kruger National Park area and transfer to your lodge in a private game reserve, home to an abundance of wildlife including the famed “Big 5”—lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo.
• Set out on your first game drive this afternoon in an open-air, 4-wheel-drive safari vehicle.
• Your skilled, professional Ranger will help you learn about this special ecosystem as you view wildlife up close on morning and afternoon game drives. Beyond the “Big 5,” you’ll have the chance to see kudu, giraffe, hippo, cheetah, spotted hyena, bushbaby, and more!
• Embark on your morning game drive before returning to your lodge for breakfast. Your afternoon game drive concludes with a sundowner drink as the sun sets over the bushveld!
Enjoy one last game drive this morning before flying to Johannesburg.
• Today’s private guided sightseeing tour starts with a visit to the unforgettable Apartheid Museum to learn about the founding of South Africa before delving into the apartheid years.
• In Soweto (South Western Township), the largest township in the country, you’ll visit Mandela House for a perspective on life here and see the neighborhood that was home to Nobel Peace Prize winners Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before transferring back to your hotel for time at leisure.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.