If your independent spirit is filling your dreams with new heights in adventure, just point your compass south to soar higher in the Andes and the heart of Peru. This Independence by Globus vacation in South America shares the spectacular sights of magnificent Machu Picchu – the “Lost City of the Incas.” Your Peruvian vacation begins in Cusco where you’ll begin with on an overnight adventure through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Next stop, Machu Picchu! Board the Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes before ascending the mountain to Machu Picchu. Take the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch the sunrise over Machu Picchu and see the mile-long aqueduct, holy houses, and remarkable temple ruins. You’ll also explore a wealth of ancient ruins that defy explanation and encounter the captivating cultures that live on in the Sacred Valley and Cusco. Timeless temples, textiles, and tantalizing dishes are all on the menu on this free-spirited sojourn in Peru, including the I-time you crave to explore the extraordinary culture of Peru on your own. Truly a dream come true!
Starting at $1289 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus). ISP1
• Arrive in Cusco where you will be met by your Local Host. (Please arrive no later than 11 am.)
• Together, embark on a private tour into the Urubamba Valley and the Sacred Valley of the Incas for lunch.
• Visit the market town of Pisac, where you can buy handmade rugs, alpaca sweaters, and jewelry at bargain prices.
• At the other end of the valley, visit Ollantaytambo to see some of the finest examples of Inca masonry.
• Stay overnight in the Sacred Valley.
• This morning, transfer to the Ollanta train station where you will board the Vistadome Train. Embark on a short journey through the lush Urubamba Valley to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of the mountain where Machu Picchu, the “Lost City of the Incas,” is located.
• Upon arrival, transfer to a motorcoach for the ascent to the legendary ruins high above the steep valley overlaid with dense tropical jungle. On a guided tour, explore this intact fortress with its temple remains, holy houses, and mile-long aqueduct. Your Local Guide will bring you closer to the lives and mysteries still hidden in these amazing structures built by the Pre-Columbian masters of this sacred land.
• Later this afternoon, return by train to Cusco, the ancient capital of the Incas.
Enjoy a full day at leisure to explore the city of Cusco.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.