EGYPTIAN ESCAPE WITH NILE CRUISE
If you’ve dreamed of standing at the foot of the great pyramids, now is the time to escape to Egypt. Peruse the treasures of King Tutankhamun in Cairo, and answer the riddle of the Sphinx at the Great Pyramids of Giza. Fly to Luxor and embark on a Nile River cruise. You’ll visit the Karnak and Luxor Temples, and join in guided sightseeing at the Valley of the Kings and Queens on the Nile’s West Bank—site of noble crypts where the pharaohs rest in splendor in the cliff sides.
Visit the Temple of Horus with its menacing black stone falcon statue, built 2,000 years ago during the age of Cleopatra.
You’ll see fascinating sights before your Nile River cruise is complete, including a bluff-top temple to worship crocodile and falcon gods, the unfinished obelisk of the granite quarries of Aswan, and the Temple of Isis recovered from the submerged island of Philae. Take an excursion on a Felucca sail boat for a view of Kitchener’s Island and the mausoleum of Aga Khan. Fly back to Cairo and conclude your vacation with a farewell dinner to celebrate your guided tour of Egypt.
Starting at $1869 Per Person
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus)KQFX.
- DESTINATIONS & SIGHTSEEING
- CAIRO – Welcome and farewell dinners; guided sightseeing, visit the Egyptian Museum and the pyramids in Giza
- CAIRO-LUXOR – By air
- LUXOR – Guided sightseeing, visit the Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple, Valley of the Kings and Queens
- EDFU – Guided visit of Temple of Horus
- KOM OMBO – Guided visit of the temple
- ASWAN – Guided sightseeing, visit the High Dam, the unfinished obelisk, and the Philae Temple of Isis; Felucca sail around Kitchener’s Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan
- ASWAN-CAIRO – By air
- Headsets throughout the tour.
Hotels listed may occasionally be substituted with alternative hotels of equivalent standard.
The ship scheduled to depart for the cruise portion of your vacation is the MS Mayfair.
Includes Airport Transfers (also for land-only customers that provide their travel arrangements to the booking department).
Includes Visas for USA, Canada and European passport holders (also for land-only customers that provide their travel arrangements to the booking department).
Transportation: Motorcoach, flight Cairo-Luxor, Aswan-Cairo, Nile cruise. Free wi-fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.